Sep 24, 2008

So Do You Want To Be Rich Or Are You Just Dreaming?

In his book, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, T. Harv Eker says there are three levels of so-called wanting. The first level is "I want to be rich." He says that's just another way of saying "I'll take It if it falls in my lap". In other words, "It would be really nice if I was rich, but I'm not willing to do anything about it." Therefore, wanting alone is useless.

The second level of wanting is "I choose to be rich." This is more powerful and it entails making a decision to be rich. It involves being responsible for the outcome and for making it happen. Choosing is better than just wanting but there is still a better level.

This level is the third level of wanting which is "I commit to being rich." And I'll just let Mr. Eker explain it.

"The definition of the word commit is "to devote oneself unreservedly." This means holding absolutely nothing back; giving 100 percent of everything you've got to achieving wealth. It means being willing to do whatever it takes for as long as it takes. This is the warrior's way. No excuses, no ifs, no buts, no maybes - and failure is not an option. The warrior's way is simple: "I will be rich or I will die trying."

I can honestly say that there was a time in my life that I was stuck at the first level. And then sometime after starting my first business I moved to level two. You see, jumping from level 1 to level 2 only takes an instant. It only takes that moment of decision.

However, moving to level three, I believe, takes a little bit longer. At least it did for me. See, you can't make a commitment, or you can't prove that you've committed until your decision is tested by adversity. That's when you know that you have committed. When you endure challenges that test you, yet you still keep getting up, dusting yourself off and taking action in spite of them. It's when you can say, "Do or die. Now or never."

And, by the way, this doesn't just apply to being rich. How many people do you know that say "I want to be thin" or "I want to be lose weight"? Probably lots. Most people will always be stuck at level 1. Just merely wanting but never having because they won't commit to doing whatever it takes.

So the question you have to answer today is, "What level am I at?"

Are you willing to work a full-time job, come home and then work relentlessly on your business?

Are you willing to give up weekends, recreations, and hobbies?

Are you willing to sacrifice some family time, and even leave friends who are dragging you down?

Are you willing to risk money and time without any guarantees of return?

Are you willing to take responsibility for your own success?

Are YOU committed?

Because you want to know something, if you're not, I'll bet you either work for or are following someone who is.


Frank Tocco Offers A FREE 5 Day Website Traffic Generating Camp And Videos To Learn The Secrets To Generating Hordes Of Laser Targeted Leads To Your Online Business.

No comments: