Aug 3, 2008

How to Recruit Like Crazy By Listening

When you generate prospects online it's important (especially in network marketing) to call your prospects. We are still in a high touch business and buiding relationships in person or on the phone is very important.

Is it possible to build a downline without "Calling a Single Lead"? Yes, but without personal relationship building within your downline you will experience massive attrition.

I know this from experience because I have recruited many people in the past who would have quit two to three months earlier but didn't simply because I was their sponsor. I encouraged people to try a little harder and stay a little longer. It bought me some time but eventually they dropped out.

Today, I have increased the value in myself, which has increased the value in my team and as a result my attrition has gone down.

There was one skill that has helped me time and time again. I say skill because it took me some time to learn. It wasn't easy to do, even though it sounded easy, but it was highly effective.

When I was on the phone talking with my prospects I had to learn to LISTEN more than I talked.

This was hard for me to do at first because I was nervous, and psychologically I felt that if I kept talking I would be in control of the conversation and would not get caught off guard and have to answer objections.

What happened was just the opposite. I would bombard my prospects with too much information at one time. I would try to CONVINCE people why they should do business with me.

I would also get caught off guard by answering objection after objection. After facing massive rejection I finally learned that I wasn't in control, it was my prospect.

Do you think I recruited like crazy?

Heck No... I couldn't even recruit enough people to recoup my costs.The magic started happening when I began to listen more. Do you know what happens when you listen to people? They feel valued. They don't feel like they are being sold.

It also put's you in control and allows you to direct the conversation. The best way to learn to do this is just jot down a few key questions that you want to ask your prospects and then fill in the gaps.

Just be yourself and don't read from a script, just have a guideline of questions to follow. Remember you are not convincing your prospect to do anything, you are just consulting and sorting.

You only want to do business with people who are a right fit for your business. When you begin listening more you are in a perfect posistion to share with your prospects how YOU can help them. People love to be helped and valued. Can you see how you can recruit like crazy if you master this one skill?

Phone prospecting is not about selling, it's about listening.

So my advice to you my friend if you are on the phone and you feel like you are losing your prospect is to STOP, ask a key question and listen.

Frank Tocco--MLM Mentor
Shop4Dreams Inc.
tips@shop4dreams.ws

No comments: